Before you send us your Repair Request, please read through the following ‘Repair Tips’ below to help avoid any unnecessary call outs.
- Have you tried to contact your electrical supplier as there may be a fault in your street due to works being carried out or an accident
- If you are leasing a unit – Have you spoken to any of your neighbours to see if their power is working or not. If your block of units is looked after by a Strata Company, we may need to contact them.
- Have you checked your fuse box? As there could have been an overload and the safety switch may have been activated and needs to be reset.
- Have you checked all of your appliances to make sure one is not faulty? To do this you must unplug all appliances in the house, reset the safety switch in the meter box, from there plug in one appliance at a time and turn on the power point, check the safety switch. If the safety switch clicks off, then you know that there is a fault with that particular appliance and you will need to get it repaired. Otherwise, if not you will need to do the same for every appliance in the property until the faulty appliance is located. If our electrician attends to your repair request and finds the fault is with one of your appliances, then you will be charged for the service fee.
NO HOT WATER
- Firstly is the hot water system, Gas or Electric?
- Have you arranged for the connection of your Gas or Electricity?
- Have you checked the meter box to make sure the fuse is on? Someone may have turned it off.
- Have you checked to see if the water tap at the hot water system is turned on?
- If it is a Gas Hot Water System? Have you checked to see if your pilot light is still on?
- If the pilot light is out it will need to be relit.
LIGHTS ARE NOT WORKING OR POWER POINTS ARE NOT WORKING
- Firstly check your fuse box as there could have been an overload and it may need to be reset.
- Has the light bulb blown?
STOVE ELEMENT IS NOT WORKING
- Have you checked the connections to make sure they are not loose or dirty? Sometimes, if you remove the element and clean it this may fix the problem.
KITCHEN/BATHROOM SINK IS BLOCKED
- Firstly try using Drano. In many cases there can be a build up of soap scum or hair that has built up over a period of time and Drano will help to unblock it.
- Have you tried pouring boiling water down the sink?
- Have you cleaned the waste & S bend?